We strive to ensure that all guidance offered is judgment-free and designed to support your individual goals – whatever they may be.
The Nesting Place offers lactation consulting services and support groups to help every family meet their infant feeding goals. Our providers are trained to support a mother in order to navigate breastfeeding. Whether your goal is to exclusively breastfeed, assist with latch issues, alleviate pain at the breast, increase milk supply or foster a better feeding schedule, our providers are here to help.
Meet Our Lactation Consultant
Laura Moritz, RN, CLC
Laura Moritz is a Registered Nurse and Certified Lactation Counselor, dedicated to providing family-centered care. As a nurse, lactation specialist, woman, mother, and life-long learner, she understands the struggles that many moms face. She is passionate about helping moms find the confidence to hear and trust their inner voice. Navigating breastfeeding and lactation can feel overwhelming for many. Laura offers specialized knowledge and support to help mothers in their journey.
Laura offers 1:1 consults (virtual, and in person) and a free (currently virtual) breastfeeding support group Tuesdays at 11am. Register Here.
In-home session: An in-home session will last for approximately 2.5 hours hours in your home. It includes:
– functional assessment related to feeding and suck coordination.
– Snap shot of what baby is transferring at the breast by using a high tech scale.
– Head to toe assessment of baby and breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding,
– Discussion of your top concerns to create a plan that feels right for you.
– A personalized care plan, generally emailed to you within 48 hours. The amount of the visit is $250 (some distances may incur a travel fee based on miles away). Payment methods are cash, credit, HSA/FSA/CareCredit
Virtually: This appointment is approximately 1.5 hours via Zoom. Laura also asks that there be a support person available if possible to help with a second device to take pictures and videos while we complete the assessment together. The amount of this visit is $150. Payment methods are credit, HSA/FSA/CareCredit.
Both appointment types include two weeks of support and follow up.
Get in touch with Laura